Sunday 10 October 2010

Chapter 5 - Chasing Nemo

Dear Mama and Papa,

this blog entry is dedicated to you - my two most loyal readers. You wanted me to write more about what I do at University. All I can say is that I am writing a lot of essays and am currently preparing a presentation. Not much different than what I do at UvT, except I am still taking the distance course from Tilburg, which is truly taking up a lot more time than anything I have to do for any course here. I had to watch a movie called "The Crying Game" which is about a transvestite and is a bit disturbing on different levels (but reminded me of the ladyboys in Bangkok). I got back an essay today that I had to write for Sociology of Culture about "Heart of Darkness" and Nietzsche and I got a B on it. I am really happy with the result, especially because this is probably the most challenging course that I am taking (also because the lecture is scheduled Monday mornings at 10am, and you know I do not enjoy waking up before noon).

So, no worries your daughter is still going to University and studies next to going out and travelling. But before I return to the homeland I still have a lot of travelling to do and let's be honest, Mama, it is just way more interesting to talk about where I am going next :)

Miss you a lot and give kisses to Baby,
Yours truly
Jasmin

P.S. Attached you will find some pictures of my trip to Cairns, the Great Barrier Reef & surrounding area.

Curtain Fig Tree

home on four wheels
Ellis beach

Josephine Falls

Millaa Millaa Falls and Pelican in Rainforest Habituary, Port Douglas

unbelievable beauty
that is me snorkelling and chasing some fish

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jasmin,

    So cool to see that you went up to Cairns! Did you do the Whitsunday Islands yet...? If you get a chance to do so, grab it! I did a 3-day/2-night sailing trip a couple of years ago and it was just absolutely amazing!!! Anyway, enjoy! (I consider myself a loyal reader, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! My mom said the same things: tell me about the university and your courses a little more, and more pictures! haha, so cute, parents are the best :) its good to see you're really making good use of your time and travelling a lot - hope you don't come back to too big of a debt, and enjoy while you can! xo

    ReplyDelete